Saturday, January 29, 2011

Time to wean!

The time has come to finally wean my little guy. I don't mind the extended breast feeding. I mainly object to the fact that I am exhausted all the time, and now so is he. He has developed a habit of waking up every 40 minutes or so, all night long, so he can nurse. Even if I get him down for an afternoon nap, he wakes after 30 minutes to nurse, and doesn't always go back down.
I'm so tired I can't even go running anymore. Heck, I can't even get motivated to go to the store for toilet paper.
I'm in danger of falling asleep every second that I am seated. I regularly fall asleep during conversations with people at home. It's not great.

But, starting out this exhausted, makes me not that interested in trying other options to get him to sleep. My husband works seriously long hours, so he can't go to work at 5 am, for a 2 hour drive, with broken sleep. He doesn't get home until around 7:30 at night, so that's just not fair to really deprive him of sleep as well.
I'm at a loss. I had hoped the baby would wean himself by now, but he hasn't.
I wish someone could wave a magic wand over him and make him decide he is a big boy who only wants to eat big boy food, etc.
But then at the same time, he is the last baby I'm ever going to have, so is it really that bad, not getting any sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment