Thursday, October 31, 2013

'Twas the night before Halloween...

'Twas the night before Halloween and all through the house, no one was sleeping, (except Dad on the couch). The pumpkins weren't carved, and the costumes unfinished, this crazy mom just hadn't a minute....
There I sat, with glue gun dangling, from the little one's room came soft distant singing and banging . It started off low and louder did grow.  
This duet of medley, lead by my 4year old...

"It's got mountains, it's got rivers, it's got sights that make you shiver, but it sure would be prettier with you... You're gonna miss me by my walk, you're gonna miss me by my taco (talk-oh)"
Accompanying him, was his 7 yo sister tapping a cup on the desk next to her bed.  
What I thought in my head was...man that's so cute! What I yelled was more like
"Anyone who thinks they are trick or treating tomorrow night, might want to zip it up there!" 

Parenting success: Co operative play between my children. Props for spontaneity, maybe they can start a flash mob some day.   
Parenting Fail: Inability to bend them to my will and make them sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment