Thursday, May 24, 2012

Not waking up awesome.

I read a blog post yesterday about being awesome. I'm sure you all know the one I'm talking about, it's being circulated pretty well everywhere  http://blog.pigtailpals.com/2011/08/waking-up-full-of-awesome/
It's tres inspirational, and frankly really nice.
My daughter wakes up the way every day. She is a perpetual sunshine. I'm not sure if we are even really related.  It must be amazing to wake up happy all the time, and know that the day is full of adventure and excitement.
 I don't remember that feeling. I don't remember ever having that feeling. I was bullied from such a young age that honestly I can't recall any awesome mornings once I entered the educational system.    Unfortunately, lately, every morning before I even wake up, my brain says to me, hey loser pants, what are you doing? Get up, and stop being so...you. I can't even write the words my head tells me, and incidentally I even dream of how non-awesome I am.  Sigh. it is one of those days and I'm trying to shake it off so i can go about the job of being a mom, without sucking the awesome out of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment